Oxford offers precious metals refining services to the general public as well as but not limited to recreational & established placer miners and pawnbrokers. With walk-in service available at our three Alaskan locations we are here to go the extra mile when you need it most.
How to refine:
- Walk into one of our locations and drop off your lot for refining. Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
- Ship to lot to our Anchorage facility along with a Refining Intake Form. USPS registered mail is the most secure way to ship to us. Contact us for pre-addressed shipping boxes and other supplies. The cost of shipping will be fully refunded as a credit to your account when lot is received. Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
Materials we accept for refining:
- Clean placer gold
- Gold doré bars
- Karat gold
- Scrap Jewelry
- Dental gold
- Bench sweeps
- Sterling Silver
- Lock price at time of delivery (if market is available)
- 2nd London fix the day after lot is received for processing
- Credit metal to your pool account for pricing in the future. (No additional cost for this option)
- Receive a check by mail
- ACH Funds transfer directly to your bank account
- Funds wire transferred directly to your bank account
- In-kind trade for any of our bullion products
- Fire Assay (cupellation) – We typically settle all lots using a Fire assay. This is the most accurate way to determine the purity of your metal.
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) – This is an option we can use to facilitate a quicker settlement for you. However this is not as accurate and your return will most likely be better using the fire assay.