Oxford offers precious metals refining services to the general public as well as but not limited to recreational & established placer miners and pawnbrokers. With walk-in service available at our three Alaskan locations we are here to go the extra mile when you need it most.
How to refine:
- Walk into one of our locations and drop off your lot for refining. Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
- Ship to lot to our Anchorage facility along with a Refining Intake Form. USPS registered mail is the most secure way to ship to us. Contact us for pre-addressed shipping boxes and other supplies. The cost of shipping will be fully refunded as a credit to your account when lot is received. Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
Materials we accept for refining:
- Clean placer gold
- Gold doré bars
- Karat gold
- Scrap Jewelry
- Dental gold
- Bench sweeps
- Sterling Silver
- Lock price at time of delivery (if market is available)
- 2nd London fix the day after lot is received for processing
- Credit metal to your pool account for pricing in the future. (No additional cost for this option)
- Receive a check by mail
- ACH Funds transfer directly to your bank account
- Funds wire transferred directly to your bank account
- In-kind trade for any of our bullion products
- Fire Assay (cupellation) – We typically settle all lots using a Fire assay. This is the most accurate way to determine the purity of your metal.
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) – This is an option we can use to facilitate a quicker settlement for you. However this is not as accurate and your return will most likely be better using the fire assay.
If you have questions about any of our precious metal refining services or want to know more about how to buy or sell your precious metals, give us a call at (800) 693-6740. One of our gold refining experts will be happy to help you.